Saturday, February 2, 2013

Still in the South...

Next assignment: back to New Orleans!!!!
I went back to New Orleans to work at Ochsner Medical Center- Kenner. Same hospital system, just different facility. I lucked out having this assignment!!! Susan, a nurse I worked with in Pensacola owns a home in New Orleans and she rents out the studio that is attached to the house. It just happened to be available for the months I was going to be living there. It was so great!! I lived in a cute little studio on Carondelet in the Garden District! Kenner was such a small hospital and a close-knit group of co-workers. I made some really great friends! I fit in with this hospital like I worked there all of my career. It was awesome! Plus, I was able to hang out with my friends from the big Ochsner on the weekends as well. I was very sad to leave this assignment and these great people!! 

My fabulous co-workers:



 
                                               






A week after I started in NO, I went on my annual vacation to Key West, FL for Fantasy Fest. 







Here are some pics of my previous co-workers. Kristen is expecting and I was able to attend her gender reveal party-Mardi Gras style!


 



In November, I was able to do The Color Run. I must say, that was one of the most fun things I have ever participated in!! It was soooo much fun!! A few of my friends came to participate in it too!!!





I was able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays at home with my friends, family and precious dogs!!!







My friend Angie came to visit a couple of times and we went to a Saints game (thanks to tickets from Tommy and Shirilana Hanson) and spent New Year's Eve on Bourbon Street. I also had a couple of other visitors too!!











In January, I went to the Compass Bowl to watch the Rebels kick some major booty!! Hotty Toddy!!










No comments:

Post a Comment